How To Use This Program
Thank you for taking the time to educate your students and their families about energy efficiency and natural resources. We want you to know that participating in this program and using its supplementary materials is easy and can integrate seamlessly with your established teaching methods. Please note that our programs are aligned with state educational standards as well as the Next Generation Science Standards.
The student playbook and online teacher resources have activities that emphasize the Four Cs of 21st Century Education Skills – Collaboration, Communication, Creativity and Critical Thinking. Along with suggested grade levels, purpose of each activity and cognitive level of thinking, this allows you to tailor the learning to meet the needs and abilities of your entire class.
Day of the Performance
- Ask the students a K-W-L. What do you know about the subject matter we are about to see? What do you want to know?
- Attend the live performance scheduled for your class.
After the Performance
- Explore the Education page to make use of the additional games and activities. Conclude your K-W-L by asking the students what they learned from the performance.
- Evaluate the program by going to HeyTeachers.org and entering the code you received from the actors.
- Complete the program evaluation.
Find the related state and Next Generation Science Standards here.Educational Standards