The My Energy Kit Challenge is rewarding the hard-working teachers who help make our energy-saving goal a reality. In honor of the 10-year anniversary of the My Energy Kit Challenge, 10 teachers will win $1,000 each semester during the 2020-21 school year.
- Teachers register to be included in 10 drawings during the semester of their school’s performance.
- After registering, teachers encourage their students' families to request their FREE Energy Kits. Students nominate their teachers to win by listing the teacher's name on their family's request form.
- Every unique* request with that teacher’s name earns that teacher ANOTHER entry into the drawings for $1,000.
- On Tuesdays throughout the semester, we will draw one kit request at random. We’ll verify that the teacher listed on that request is also on our official teacher registration. If that teacher has registered, he or she is the winner and could be YOU!
Teacher rewards will be drawn on the following days throughout each semester:
- 2020 Fall Semester Drawings: October 6, October 13, October 20, October 27, November 3, November 10, November 17, December 1, December 8 and December 15
- 2021 Winter/Spring Semester Drawings: March 2, March 9, March 16, March 23, March 30, April 6, April 13, April 27, May 4 and May 11
TIPS FOR TEACHERS
Register early. The earlier you register, the more drawings you will be entered in to.
Request your own kit. After you register for rewards, you can request your own kit and list your name. There’s your first entry into the drawings!
Fill out the paper request forms with your name before giving them to students. Make sure that any postage pre-paid forms you share with your classroom already have your name on it to alleviate any confusion when your students’ parents receive them.
Use what we send you. Once registered, you’ll receive your information from the My Energy Kit team via email. We’ll also provide pre-made messages to share with your school community to encourage participation and help you garner more contest entries.
Stay connected. We’ll announce winners weekly and will give you updates about how many requests you have throughout the semester. You can always reach out to the My Energy Kit Team by calling 1-855-386-9548 or emailing us at MyEnergyKit@nationaltheatre.com. We’re here to help!
Most importantly, HAVE FUN! When you participate, you are connecting your classroom to students' homes by helping them put what they learn about energy conservation into practice. Together, we can make a huge difference for our planet – and your classroom, too!
Resources for Participating Teachers
- Educational Materials: Visit MyEnergyKit.org/Education to access digital games and activities for your students and classroom.
- Promotional Materials: Find shareable blurbs and graphics here.
*See Rewards page for full details