Our goal is to save 10 million kilowatt-hours of energy.
A kilowatt-hour, or kWh, is a measurement of energy that describes the electricity used (1,000 watts) over a length of time (one hour).
In other words, 10 million kilowatt-hours is a LOT of energy!
Saving that amount of energy is equivalent to:
117,000 trees absorbing CO2 for 10 years*
Taking over 1,500 CARS off the road for an entire year*
Conserving the electricity from over 1,300 HOMES for an entire year*
Current Top 10 Schools
- 1st Place: The North Carolina Leadership Academy in Kernersville, NC with 344 kit requests
- 2nd Place: Aurora Elementary in Aurora, IN with 234 kit requests
- 3rd Place: Alamance Elementary School in Greensboro, NC with 209 kit requests
- 1st Place: Monarch Elementary in Simpsonville, SC with 376 kit requests
- 2nd Place: Brier Creek Elementary School in Thomasville, NC with 212 kit requests
- 3rd Place: Mountain View Elementary School in Taylors, SC with 190 kit requests
- 1st Place: East Burke Middle School in Connelly SPG, NC with 464 kit requests
- 2nd Place: Charles C Erwin Middle School in Salisbury, NC with 344 kit requests
- 3rd Place: Chase Middle School in Forest City, NC with 274 kit requests
- 1st Place: Pilot Mountain Middle School in Pilot MTN, NC with 362 kit requests
- 2nd Place: Woodrow Wilson Middle School in Terre Haute, IN with 251 kit requests
- 3rd Place:South Dearborn High School in Aurora, IN with 237 kit requests
Track My School
See the difference YOUR school is making.
Here you can see your school’s current number of Energy Kit requests and how much energy has been saved as a result, measured in kilowatt-hours (kWh). Numbers are updated by Friday of each week.
Once you see your school’s numbers, use the calculator slide below to translate those saved kWh into real-world energy equivalencies.